In this role, you will have the opportunity to showcase your skills, superior knowledge of technical writing techniques and tools; technical competency in word processing, spreadsheets, web-based publishing technologies, and graphics production software – among other skills, knowledge and abilities. Must have a strong background in firmware and software product technical writing. You are fluent in binary, hexadecimal and decimal and know the difference between XON and XOFF. You will also be responsible for creating a consistent “look and feel” for customer-facing payment industry product documentation and internal product technical documents that will meet the Company’s objectives to faithfully represent product capabilities and portray a positive image of the company to customers and employees.
- Primary responsibility is the creation and management of customer-facing documents associated with Company’s product/solutions, including Product/Solution based User Manuals and Customer Integration Design Guides.
- Organizes and writes required technical and business material using word processing software to establish corporate standards with respect to order, style, terminology and sequencing.
- Organizes the publication of such documents in paper format, electronic format (PDF), as well as online interactive formats such as technical blogs.
- Reviews publications and recommends revisions or changes in approaches, scope, format, test, methods of production and dissemination. Maintains corporate standards for publication and revision control.
- Consults with technical team leads and subject-matter experts to ensure common understanding of publications and related materials to be produced.
- Develops cataloging systems, maintains records, files, electronic media and archiving of information for publications in a business unit for corporate references.
- Selects or recommends the use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, or storyboards to amplify or clarify publications objectives.
- Periodically audits and reviews publications to determine whether format or content changes/updates are required. Meets with subject-matter experts for concurrence as to content changes.
- Remains current on new developments in technical writing, editing and publishing, including technological enhancements that may affect the Company.
- Assists in preparing material for technical seminars and business forums. Maybe called upon to assist in technical or business presentations in such meetings as business or customer needs require.
- Supports various departments for development and support of internal communication systems.
- Manage and create content for technical blog in conjunction with marketing team and sales engineering/tech support team
- Assist marketing team with content writing for white papers or other content related product marketing material
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion and ability to make a difference
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to understand new technologies and translate understanding into user-friendly, efficient customer-facing documentation
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science, electrical engineering, technical writing, or a related field, depending on position level. Relevant, deep, and lengthy experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 2-4 years of working experience as an effective technical writer
This position will be based in Cypress, CA.
Interested? Please email your resume to [email protected].