Support Solutions Engineer (LATAM)
Support Solutions Engineer Roles and Responsibilities
This full-time position will focus on supporting our existing key customers/partners, in addition to providing the Sales team with support in exploring new hardware and payments integration opportunities. The role will report up through the Support organization, to the Technical Support Manager or Team Lead. Detailed responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
How will you make an impact in this role:
- First technical point of contact for prime customers, distributors, and partners.
- Reproduce reported issues to corroborate the existence of the problem and perform initial review of potential remedial actions (through configuration or firmware update) to resolve issue at first pass.
- Understand the product suite, and the suitability and limitations that the different products offer for target operating environments whilst considering regional restrictions.
- Build strong relationships with key customers, championing their interests within the company.
- Interpret customer questions and issues into targeted, succinct requests of affected company resources (Engineering, IT, Operations, Product Management, Sales, etc.).
- Translate technical information, diluted as necessary for the target audience, to customer representatives.
- Effectively manage time, ensuring dependent customers are responded to within SLA timescales, and factoring in time zone differences.
- Attend customer calls and face-to-face meetings alongside Sales representatives to explore new integration opportunities and review existing projects as necessary.
- Attend in-region trade shows to demonstrate technical presence to potential customers, and to cultivate existing contacts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Engineering background, preferably software based, with appreciation of development lifecycle and interdependencies.
- Strong inter-personal skills to foster close internal and external cooperation.
- Ability to comprehend, write and fluently speak English; Portuguese and Spanish is a plus.
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to leverage available information, either from company resources or external websites, to find solutions or challenge other’s understanding.
- Be willing to experiment independently but be ready to ask questions and seek assistance to help their customer.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and a desire to work in a challenging environment.
- Knowledge of the payments industry would be an advantage.
- Self-driven, self-learner, pro-active and quick to adapt to new environments.
- Ability to work effectively across different cultures.