SecuRED PCI SRED MagStripe Reader
SecuRED is a PCI SRED (Secure Reading Exchange of Data) Certified magnetic stripe card reader. This intelligent reader not only encrypts payment card data as it is swiped through the device, but also provides the physical security and tamper resistance needed to meet PCI's demanding SRED (Secure Reading and Exchange of Data) standards. As a full SRED device, ID TECH’s SecuRED allows customers to achieve a P2PE certified solution with minimized PCI scope.
DUKPT key management is standard with SecuRED, and the device offers your choice of TDES or AES encryption algorithms, which can be used to ensure card-holder data is handled and protected in ways that meet the most stringent requirements of the payment industry. The SecuRED outputs both encrypted data and masked data, to provide maximum flexibility to the host application.
While SecuRED is the most secure MSR solution available from ID TECH, it is very user friendly and reliable. It is available in USB-HID, USB-Keyboard, and RS-232 versions, and SecuRED also comes with OPOS drivers. A controllable beeper, LED, and bi-directional card swiping are all supported, and a threaded insert on the reader base allows for additional mounting flexibility. The SecuRED has an operating life of at least 1,000,000 cycles and benefits from ID TECH's decades of industry leadership in secure card-reader technology.
- PCI-PTS SRED magnetic stripe reader with tamper detection
- DUKPT compliant, with onboard AES and TDES encryption
- Reads up to 3 tracks of information
- Powered through USB port, no external power supply required
- Interface includes: USB-KB and USB-HID capability
- Bi-directional card reading capability
- Provides clear text confirmation data including card holder’s name and a portion of the PAN as part of the masked track data.