UniMag II Two-Track Secure Mobile MagStripe Reader
The ID TECH UniMag II is a magnetic stripe reader that communicates with mobile devices via the headphone jack. Use your mobile device to read a variety of magnetic stripes, including credit cards, signature debit cards, gift cards, and loyalty cards.
The UniMag II utilizes ID TECH’s proven MagStripe reading technology, providing bidirectional card reading of up to two tracks of information. When reading card data the UniMag II encrypts the information before it enters the mobile device, providing protection of sensitive data. The UniMag II is also Visa Ready meeting the Visa Ready Program requirements for a reliable, convenient, and secure hardware solution.
The ID TECH UniMag II allows merchants to provide their customers with another acceptable method of payment, and with the capability to swipe credit cards, merchants can save money by avoiding costly card-not-present fees. With the ID TECH UniMag II, merchants can accept credit card payments wherever they go.
- Approved solution of the Visa Ready Program
- Plugs into audio headphone jack - no cables or batteries
- Supports TDES and AES encryption using DUKPT key management
- Reads up to two tracks of card data
- Superior MagStripe reading performance
- Bidirectional card reading
- Low battery consumption of mobile devices
- No external power supply required
- Bidirectional communication between the reader and mobile device
- Universal clip allows for stabilization to provide better card reading
- Extended phone jack enables compatibility with various phone cases
- SDK available for Apple, Android, and Blackberry platforms
Note all Apple devices are supported
Please download XML file v5.0.10 to support UniMag II SDK v3.0 and later