MagChip™ Head, MagStripe Read Head w/ Decoding ASICs (IDT1300 Series)
ID TECH's MagChip ASIC is integrated with a MagStripe read head with a mounting spring assembly. The MagChip Read Head Assembly delivers reading and decoding capabilities in a very small package. The MagChip ASIC, MagStripe data decoding IC, is mounted directly on the read head to decode up to three tracks of data.
The head, in turn, is mounted on a spring that provides support, deflection, and gimble for good contact with the magnetic stripe. Signals from the MagChip are CMOS-level Clock & Data outputs of decoded serial data bits.
- Low power- sleeps when not reading
- Less than 1.0mA per track when reading a card
- Superior reading of high jitter, scratched, and worn MagStripe cards
- Supports bi-directional card swiping and decoding
- True AGC handles signal amplitudes from 1mV to 1V p-p
- +/- 2000V Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) protection
- Typical card swipe speeds form 3 to 60 IPS
- Head & spring life exceeds 1,000,000 card swipes